01. Is my money safe with Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland?
02. What does the Deposit Guarantee Scheme entail?
03. Is the Deposit Guarantee Scheme only applicable to persons of age?
04. I have several accounts in several names with Yapi Kredi Bank. How does the Collective Guarantee Scheme work?
01. Is my money safe with Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland? top ^
Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland is a bank established in the Netherlands and is regulated by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM). This means that the bank has to meet all sorts of conditions. In addition, there is a Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DGS). This entails that a maximum amount of €100,000 is guaranteed per account holder per bank, should the bank be unable to meet its payment obligations.
02. What does the Deposit Guarantee Scheme entail? top ^
The Dutch Central Bank (DNB) has granted Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland a banking licence as a result of which the Deposit Guarantee Scheme is applicable. This means that if something happens to a bank, for example a winding-up, as a result of which the bank in question may no longer be able to meet its obligations, an amount of €100,000 is guaranteed by DNB. This applies per person and per bank. The maximum is applied to the total amount of the claims of the creditor (i.e. savings and accrued interest up to a maximum of €100,000) or to the total value of the claims of the investor. If you have several accounts with a bank, the savings of these accounts are added and a maximum of €100,000 is paid out. The amount put in a joint account is distributed in equal parts over the account holders and subsequently each creditor will receive a maximum of €100,000. A couple will therefore receive a guaranteed amount of €100,000 per bank. In case of a legal entity the guaranteed amount to be compensated is €100,000.
03. Is the Deposit Guarantee Scheme only applicable to persons of age? top ^
The Deposit Guarantee Scheme is applicable to all natural persons. Therefore, if the accounts are in the name of minors, they, too, are protected by the Scheme. However, if the account is in your name, but is intended for the children, the Scheme does not apply to them separately.
04. I have several accounts in several names with Yapi Kredi Bank. How does the Collective Guarantee Scheme work? top ^
The Collective Guarantee Scheme applies per person, per bank. The balances outstanding with a bank are added. For more questions on the Collective Guarantee Scheme we refer to the Dutch Central Bank (www.dnb.nl).