01. How can I contact Yapi Kredi Bank Nederlandi
02. How long has Yapi Kredi Bank been active on the Dutch market?
03. Does Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland wish to remain a small bank?
04. Why is Yapi Kredi Bank able to pay so much more interest than most other Dutch banks?
05. Who draws up the General Banking Conditions?
06. Who draws up the conditions of the Euro-Plus products?
07. Why do I need to fill in my passport number when applying for a savings account?
08. Are my personal data safe and what are they used for?
01. How can I contact Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland? top ^
You can reach us on working days from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
Telephone: 0900 – 9274 (normal rate)
Fax: + 31 20 663 13 31
You can send a letter to:
Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland N.V.
Department Retail Banking
1090 GA Amsterdam / Netherlands
02. How long has Yapi Kredi Bank been active on the Dutch market? top ^
Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland N.V. was founded in May 1996.
03. Does Yapi Kredi Bank Nederland wish to remain a small bank? top ^
We wish to remain a 'Niche Bank'. However, this does not mean that we do not want to grow any further. We are among one of the fastest growing banks in the Netherlands.
04. Why is Yapi Kredi Bank able to pay so much more interest than most other Dutch banks? top ^
We do not have a branch office at every corner of the street, which is cost-efficient. These cost savings are reflected in our interest rates. Moreover, we are a specialist bank, we carry a limited number of products. All our products and services provide a maximum return.
05. Who draws up the General Banking Conditions? top ^
The General Banking Conditions came into effect in November 2009 in consultation with the Nederlandse Vereniging van Banken (Netherlands’ Bankers Association) and the Consumentenbond (Dutch Consumers’ Association) in the context of the SER (Social and Economic Council) Committee for Consumer Affairs and are the same for all Dutch banks.
06. Who draws up the conditions of the Euro-Plus products? top ^
The Euro-Plus conditions are drawn up by Yapi Kredi Bank and are therefore specifically applicable to itself and its products.
07. Why do I need to fill in my passport number when applying for a savings account? top ^
In accordance with the Identification Financial Services Act of 1993, each financial institution is obliged to establish the identity of a client before providing financial services to this client. If the client is a natural person, the identity is established using one of the following documents: a valid travel document within the meaning of the Passport Act; a valid driving licence; a document an alien is required to have under the Aliens Act to prove his identity and his residence rights; a document designated by Our Minister. A client may identify himself to comply with the Identification (Provision of Services) Act in force in the Netherlands and as stated in the general terms and conditions Euro-Plus accounts:
- By personal identification of a client at a branch office.
- If a client does not produce identification personally at a branch office, there will be a secondary identification. According to this, the client may produce identification by sending a copy of one of the above documents, plus making a deposit to the debit of a contra account that is (also) in the name of the account holder.
- A certified copy of one of the above documents. This can be obtained from a civil-law notary on presentation of the document.
08. Are my personal data safe and what are they used for? top ^
The personal data provided to Yapi Kredi Bank are processed by the bank for your application of your account and the administration of the account. The personal data will not be used for any purpose other than the above-mentioned and the bank will not make these personal data available to third parties, unless the bank is obliged to do so based on a statutory requirement, for example in criminal cases, combating terrorism and at the request of the tax authorities.